Sunday, December 11, 2022

What We Need Every Sunrise - (For Son to Rise in Us)

God knows exactly what we need.  In Psalm 143:8 David speaks out what is needed in each of our hearts, "Let me hear Your lovingkindness in the morning; for I trust in You; teach me the way in which I should walk; For to You I lift up my soul."   
Many times, we wake up with negative feelings and problems running through our minds.  We don't "feel" blessed and walking in abundant life.  In truth we may feel overwhelmed with the challenges. Psalm 142:6 reminds us of the truth that "the enemy is too strong for me."  Sometimes we forget that we are fighting a spiritual war not a flesh battle.  God's mercy is fresh every morning according to Lamentations 3:23, but the Lord waits for us to take it, to receive it.  

So, there is a need to take a moment to stop before God and "hear" Him declare His fresh lovingkindness to set us free from our natural fallen-nature thoughts and feelings.  To "lift up my soul" simply means to turn our focus and attention on Him, letting His Word and the truth of His love transform our thoughts.  Then the truth of Psalm 23 can happen, "He leads me beside still waters, He restores my soul."  We let God's Spirit take over and the Word of God dwell richly in us.  

Psalm 142:7 says it even stronger.  "Bring my soul out of prison, so that I may give thanks to Your name."  We are in prison, captured by our flesh until we let God deliver us to know the truth which sets us free. Then we are available and teachable to accept "the way in which we should walk." 

Paul instructs us to pick up His cross daily, obviously to die to the flesh. The Spirit gives us power to put to death the deeds of the flesh helping us set our minds on the Spirit and His truth.  May the Lord continue to renew our minds every morning with His fresh lovingkindness and teach us how we should walk. 

Let this Christmas season remind you of His glory and greatness of love in becoming a man and doing everything needed to ensure that His peace and joy daily fill our hearts.  Every sunrise it is up to us to let the Son rise in our hearts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment