Monday, June 15, 2020

God Chose You, to be With Him Forever!

Blessed is the man You choose, and cause to approach You, that he may dwell in Your courts.  We shall be satisfied with the goodness of Your house. Psalm 65:4  A 23-year old young man who died and then came back to life, tried to share what it was like to be before God.  All he could say is that he felt "satisfied" and just wanted to do whatever he could to serve Him.

This morning I had a rough time reigning in my mind and some thoughts from dreamland, but the Word of God proved true as I began to declare God's fresh mercy this morning.  Psalm 59 states "I will sing aloud of Your mercy and loving-kindness in the morning."  So I just started singing that old classic song, I will sing of the mercy of the Lord forever....with my mouth will I make known Thy faithfulness to all generations.  It didn't take long for the Holy Spirit to refresh my mind and help me reflect on all He has done for me.  I am a strong believer in Psalm 92:2 which tells us to declare His mercy every morning and His faithfulness every night.  What a great way to start the day, and what a great way to have peace as you retire at night.  

Part of what the Lord used to refresh me was the gift of realizing that He chose me, I didn't choose Him.  Incredible, that the almighty creator of the universe desires my company and will do anything (including dying on the cross) to make sure that I can be with Him forever.  So my Word today, is to realize and thank God that He chose you and has eternal purpose for you.  Before you were formed in the womb, God already had a definite plan, "for you were created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10   So it is easy to see why He makes all things work together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. It's because He chose and loves you, and therefore desires you to fulfill your purpose.  When you know you are chosen by God, the rejection of men can't touch you.  

Just a side thought, He loves you because He is love, not because you are so lovely.  It is fallen man's nature to think you are not "good" or "worthy" enough.  Instead, set your mind on the truth of the Word, humble yourself like a little child, and receive His love.  Isn't it awesome to be chosen and loved by God?  Truly, we have every reason to confess Psalm 21:4, "I am the most blessed forever!"  

Last, but not least, Jesus came to serve not be served.  The Holy Spirit gently reminded me how easy it is to live for what I want, rather than see today as an opportunity to live to bless and glorify Him.  In the John 15 verse that reveals God chose you, Jesus continues to say the reason is to bear fruit and prove to be a disciple.  God even promises to help us do this.  He is the one who enables us  "to will and to work for His pleasure."  The clear goal of Jesus saving us and changing us into children of God is to be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ, in other words, become like Him. 

In the Luke 18 parable on prayer and the widow woman who kept after the judge, Jesus concludes with the question, "When the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?"  Faith is shown by obedience, so when we respond to His choosing us, we choose to obey His command, "go and do likewise."  My question, will the Lord find you and me loving Him enough to serve Him (by serving others) rather than just getting caught up in society and spending all our time and effort in taking care of our own needs.  Remember, God chose you to live for His purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment