Sunday, March 22, 2020

Hear the Word, Think Truth, Bless the Lord

This morning I was spending some time in Psalm 103.  Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name!  What a great reminder that we need to let the " Word," which is spirit and life according to Jesus in John 6, take charge over our flesh and soul and simply obey.  
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases, who redeems you life from destruction (KJV says the pit), who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagles's.  God has done so much for us.  How can we focus on the negative when we are so blessed!  
This morning in the midst of the coronavirus crisis, we are reminded by His Word that not only are my sins forgiven, but my diseases are healed.  So I have been trying to fight the good fight of faith by declaring "Thank you, Jesus, for taking those stripes for me and carrying away my diseases and pains.  By your stripes I am healed." and "Thank you, Holy Spirit,.  You, who are the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead,  now give life to my mortal body." and "No weapon formed against me shall prosper." 
  Somehow I had forgotten the line that He crowns me with lovingkindness and tender mercies.  To me "crowns" means makes me a king, or gives me authority to rule.  HIs mercy allows and empowers me to take charge and declare God's kingdom over every circumstance.  Praise God forever, when I realize how blessed I am, no wonder my youth is renewed like the eagles.  I want to be like a little child that trusts his Mom and Dad and is excited and enthusiastic about all tthat they have planned for him.  God has done great things for me, and now I trust Him to work all things for my good because I love Him and am called according to His purpose.  
One more line, later in the psalm it talks about God showing His ways to Moses, and I remember an old song, "Teach me thy ways, thy ways O Lord.  Show me thy paths, thy paths, O Lord.  O my God, I trust in thee, let me not be ashamed, let not my enemies triumph over me."   Truly, God;s ways are perfect and we are always right when we declare and take time to "Bless the Lord, O my soul!"

1 comment:

  1. I feel like getting close to God may be a struggle at the start but once you get there it’s beyond reality. This can also be like hearing God’s voice where you have that faith issue and then you start developing a deep bond with Him. I still
    struggle with these a little bit but I’m trying to get closer to Him.

    ReplyDelete