Saturday, September 5, 2009

God's Incredible Favor

Walking in God’s Favor
Psalm 5:12 declares, “For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround him as with a shield.” The one who accepts Jesus’ righteousness and walks in it will enjoy God’s favor.

Recently a friend shared how God’s favor followed him at work. On a slow day in the store God sent the right people to him that needed the merchandise that he sold. One after another they came to his department and made purchases. In a few hours he was able to sell more than his quota for the week. God is so good.

Then on arriving home, I was met by my son who shared what incredible favor he had received at work where his boss’s boss gave him some projects and could not say enough about how much she valued his work. My own experience and testimony this week also is that I have seen amazing favor from God.

As the school year has started at CedarWood, the favor of God is upon us.. From staff members cheerfully giving their all, to parents willing to help, to the attitude of our students, to a tangible presence of God in worship and students willing to seek Him with all their heart, it is clear that we are enjoying God’s favor. God has hand-picked the young people who are being trained and taught the ways of the Lord and we believe it is His favor that inspires the creative ideas as well as the efforts of teachers and staff to make it possible. We are blessed.

With God there is no partiality. He feels toward you just as He does toward Jesus.(John 15:9) He reveals to you that you are “My beloved son (daughter) in whom I am well-pleased.” Truly God's favor surrounds you as a shield.

2 comments:

  1. Jeremiah 17:7 says "But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.
    It is so exciting to see how God blesses and moves continually in people's lives. I even feel that God has blessed Worship soo much this week, But I have also realized that we must have Faith in order to receive God's blessings. it is not just given to us.
    When we continue to grow in God and grow in the fear of God, we begin to understand what is expected of us. and when we realize this we want to obey God's commands and when we do amazing things happen. God blesses us more than we can ever think or imagine.
    And when we are blessed God has also commanded us to bless others, to be a light to the world, with the blessings He has given us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that God has given the school great favor, as well as myself.
    I also really agree that we have had favor in worship, but not just this week. I believe that God has greatly favored CedarWood with the gift of worship. As long as I can remember, every worship team there has been, no matter how loud of soft, how good or rehearsed, no matter who it is that is leading, that God has greatly anointed the worship.
    I also think that God has greatly favored the high school this year by placing the right people into it. And I know and feel greatly privileged that my last year spent at CedarWood will be filled with God’s favor.
    I absolutely believe that God will bless his children. I also agree with the fact that we have to obey and follow his commandments before we can be blessed. And God is more than capable of blessing us. He even tells us to try Him. So obey God. And the doors of heaven will open, and God will poor out His blessings.
    Malachi 3:10
    “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.”

    ReplyDelete