One of the most amazing characteristics about God and His love is that He desires to be partners with us. In 1 John 1:3, John declares what he has seen and heard, "that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son." A simple definition of fellowship is two fellows in one ship. Can you imagine that the Father and Jesus are in the same boat as you? You are never alone but are partners with God in whatever you do or wherever you go.
Romans 8:17 reminds us that we are "joint heirs" with Christ and everything He deserves for willingly laying down His life is also ours. Hebrews 2:11 likewise points out that "He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one." Since we have this awesome partnership, what is our part or responsibility and what does He do.
Perhaps Jesus answers this question is a simple way when He taught us how to pray. " Our Father, hallowed be Thy Name..." It is our part to hallow His name. Webster defines to hallow as "to regard as holy, to venerate, to declare as sacred. When we do our part which is to hallow or declare who He is in the names He has revealed, God who always was and always will be "I Am," will naturally do His part.
Notice in these examples our part of declaring His names, and His part by replying and being that to us.
We say Jehovah Tsidkenu, You are my righteousness He replies, I Am
We say Jehovah M'kiddish, You are my sanctifier He replies, I Am
We say Jehovah Shalom, You are my peace and well-being He replies, I Am
We declare, You are my strength He replies I Am
We say Jehovah Rapha, You are my healer He replies, I Am
In troubles, we declare You are my deliverer He replies I Am
We say Jehovah Rohi, the Lord is my shepherd He replies I Am
We see patterns all through Scripture that when man does his part, we allow the I Am God to be that for us. When Israel was challenged in the wilderness by Amalek, Joshua led the army as Moses lift his hands to God in praise. When Moses' arms were up, Joshua and Israel prevailed, when Moses lowered his arms Amalek prevailed. At the Red Sea when Moses lifted up the rod of God, the great I Am parted the waters for Israel to cross on dry land.
We have the same principle of our part and His part in overcoming the enemy. God tells us to put on the armor of God and stand in HIs authority, then the I Am God will fight for us, keeping His promises (given in 1 Peter 5:10) that He will perfect, establish, strengthen and settle you. Jesus reveals we have all power and authority to trample on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means hurt us. Finally, this is confirmed in Revelation 12:11, we overcome Satan by the blood of the Lamb (His part) and the word of our testimony (our part).
Why does Isaiah 30:18 say God waits to be gracious to us and show us mercy? Many all called but few are chosen. He waits for us to respond to His invitation, open the door. God reward those who diligently seek Him by being a doer of the Word. Seek Him. Pray, fast, give in secret. What you sow you will reap. Humble yourself and He will lift you up.
Choose this day to do your part to partner with God and as 2 Chronicles 16:9 declares God is searching for the one whose heart is right so He can do His part which is to show His strength and might in our behalf. His partnership is so great, Ephesians reveals He wants to be all in all.

No comments:
Post a Comment