Sunday, July 9, 2023

Fresh and Equipped

The Lord leads us beside still waters to refresh 
our soul, which includes our thoughts, feelings, 
and desires. As Psalm 59 declares, "O my 
Strength, I will sing praises to You; for God is 
my strength, the God who shows me loving-
kindness."  We know God's mercy is fresh 
every morning, but so is His strength, as our 
mind is renewed by the truth of all He is and 
what is given to us. 
 
We live in a day of daily recharging with our 
phones, digital devices, laptops, and even electric 
vehicles.  Likewise, our bodies, muscles, and 
brain need to be renewed every night.  So it 
makes sense that the God who designed all this, 
would also prepare a way for us to renew our 
thoughts, feelings, and desires with fresh 
awareness of His mercy and strength each day.  

This special place is when we read the Word 
and focus on His mercy and truth, even singing 
a song to Him and reflecting on His promises, 
that our minds and hearts can be refreshed.  
Then we can start the day aware that we have 
His heart-cleansing mercy and His divine 
strength to do the things we need to do.  
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens 
me."

There is a reason why God tells us (2 Corinthians 
13:5) to test ourselves whether we are in faith, "do 
you not know that Jesus Christ is in you?"  Jesus 
promised the Holy Spirit would make us His temple, 
and that even the Father and Jesus would dwell 
in us. (John 14)  We live by faith.  Galatians 2:20 
states, "I have been crucified with Christ, 
nevertheless I live, yet not I but Christ lives in me, 
and the life that I now live in the flesh I live by faith 
in the Son of God who loves me and gave Himself 
for me."  We pass the test by believing the Lord 
who loves us and gave Himself for us now 
empowers us to live a victorious life. 

No wonder the armor of God calls us "above all" 
to take up the shield of faith, as we intentionally 
choose to believe and declare Jesus is Lord who 
lives in us.  Knowing this truth that He who dwells 
in us is greater than he who is in the world 
establishes our authority and victory.  Because of 
His abiding presence, and His fresh mercy and 
love, we know and can trust His life and power 
to equip us for the day ahead.  

Therefore, put on this fresh thought and 
understanding that the Lord Jesus Christ is in you 
and by faith so you are ready for the day!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment